Wednesday, September 05, 2012

It's a worry

Well, as they say, it never rains but it pours.

I was feeling cheerful yesterday when I went for a routine eye examination. The next thing I knew, I'd been referred to the eye hospital because I have an elevated optic nerve in one eye. It's not an urgent referral, so I'll have to wait for a couple of months or so, but having checked possible causes, I'm concerned that I could end up adding to my experience of radiation and cancer treatment. Most likely it's a congenital abnormality or something relatively minor. Funny though, how our minds go to the worst possible scenario immediately, isn't it? As I've said before, I'm not concerned about having cancer again - what does concern me, though, is what decision I'd make if I needed treatment.

No comments: