Saturday, August 25, 2012

August already...

It's been a long time, hasn't it?

I haven't been well. Nothing awful, 'just' bad allergies. My voice left me in March and probably won't come back till November, but this year I've been really unwell, too. I looked up 'post nasal drip', which is what my GP diagnosed. She's right. That's what it is. I have all the symptoms. What was really interesting was yet another of those things they don't tell you when you have cancer treatment; apparently, post nasal drip is hormone sensitive and gets worse post-menopause, whether that occurs naturally or through surgical intervention. If someone had told me that this was one of the things I might experience, I wouldn't have been quite so worried about the loss of voice and the constant catarrh.

So, if it happens to you, be aware! My GP wasn't. She is now.

No comments: