Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Not meant?

This is becoming quite farcical.

On Sunday, I went to get my new spectacles adjusted again. This was my sixth visit for the same problem. Finally, the dispensing optician admitted they couldn't do anything more and offered a new set of frames. Once I'd selected those, I mentioned my issue with where and when my hospital appointment is scheduled. The dispensing optician announced that they wouldn't go to the local hospital if they were me and then refused to say why. Since it's the same consultants, I wasn't filled with confidence and resolved to ask my GP her opinion.

Yesterday, I tried to make an appointment with her. She's on holiday. I can't see her for 10 days.

This whole experience has been horrendous. I was recovering my faith in the medical profession after my awful cancer experience. That faith is rapidly being eroded. Let's hope my GP can restore it somewhat when I see her.

No comments: