Monday, May 04, 2009

It's the little things

Sometimes, for no reason, I find myself recognising that I'm doing something I was unable to do for a while before my surgery. There seems to be no particular trigger to these musings, which is interesting in itself. Suddenly, without warning, a realisation comes upon me. This morning it was that I now heave the laundry basket about without a second thought and that I change duvet covers, pillow cases and sheets at least once a week. Three years ago, I couldn't do that more than once a fortnight, if that, and I really had to plan ahead and be prepared to lie down for while once the exertion was over. Two years ago, I couldn't do that even with a rest before, during and after the changing of the linen and someone had to help me. And now? Well, it's almost time to change all those duvet covers and pillow cases again... And then, probably, the dogs and I will take a walk.

No comments: