Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The birthday aftermath


I had meant to add another entry on my birthday, but it was a very busy day, from which I've been recovering ever since! I had a wonderful day and was extremely grateful to have a birthday to celebrate. 

I received some lovely presents, including these flowers which I think are worth sharing. Nice, aren't they?

The news is full of swine flu and the possibility of a pandemic at the moment. Luckily, my immune system is no worse than anyone else's, despite having had radiotherapy, according to the nurse I see on my visits to the hospital for check-ups. The fact that I'm prone to picking up various bugs, she tells me, is not the result of the treatment I've had; rather, it's likely to be due to stress (a bit like my cancer...). In a way, that's quite reassuring. I think we all have concerns that cancer treatment will affect us in other ways, so I'm very relieved that it seems the only lasting effect of my treatment is that I now have to avoid coffee whenever possible.


No comments: