Wednesday, July 21, 2010

What next?

Every day, it seems, we read about breakthrough treatments, but there's still so much more to be done. Although I contribute to cancer research charities, I haven't done any fund-raising for a while. 
I've spent the last couple of weeks or so reflecting on the life and death of my friend. Thinking about it, cancer has claimed a lot of my friends in the last few years, and quite a few of us have been touched personally by diagnoses that have led to treatment and (so far) survival.  Coupled with my realisation that I could do more, I'm now thinking about how best to raise funds - an event of some sort, I think, but it all takes planning. I have some ideas, but they need to be refined and discussed. Whatever it takes though, I need to do something now both in recognition of my own good fortune in surviving my cancer and in remembrance of all those people in my life who have succumbed.

No comments: