Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Relay for Life

I may have mentioned - I'm sure I did - the Relay for Life that Cancer Research UK runs. It's too late for me to do anything about it this year, but I've decided to join in next year, so I'm now going to be badgering people to join my team. If you know me, you'll be badgered...

You can find details of Relay for Life at: http://www.cancerresearchuk.org/relay/ (link opens in a new window!)

Things to remember include:
  • anyone (female, male, adult, child) can join in - though if you're under 18, you'll need a chaperone
  • if you're in the UK, there will be an event local to you
  • running is not a prerequisite. I won't be running. I don't do running! A gentle amble is the best you'll get out of me!
  • there will be a lap of honour for cancer survivors
I've never been a great one for fundraising - shame on me! - but this is something I want to do for myself and for everyone else who's heard those words, "You've got cancer". The more we can raise, the more research can be carried out and the fewer people who have to hear those words in the future.

So, go on - have a look at the Relay for Life website! Who knows, you might even want to join in yourself...

No comments: